"A final gospel truth that will contribute to our understanding of and hence the quality of our marriages relates to the degree in which we involve the Savior in our relationships as husbands and wives. As designed by our Heavenly Father, marriage consists of our first entering into a covenant relationship with Christ and then with each other. He and his teachings must be the focal point of our togetherness. As we become more like him and grow closer to him, we will naturally become more loving and grow closer to each other"

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Yummy FALL soup!

I just thought I'd post this yummy soup for everyone to try!! (that means you Heather!) I love the fall and winter seasons because I love making soups! I hope all of you that try this enjoy it as much as we do!!

VEGGIE CHEESE CHOWDER
3 Cups potatoes (chop into little bite sizes cubes)
1 small onion finely chopped
1 stalk of broccoli, finely chopped (i just rip off the top parts of the broccoli stems!)
1 1/2 medium carrots, grated (you can buy them grated already and I used 1/2 the small bag)
2 stalk celery chopped up
3 Cups water
4 chicken bouillon cubes

Place ingredients into a large pot, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender. While veggies are cooking prepare white sauce:

1/2 Cup butter
1/2 Cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
4 Cups milk

Melt butter in a saucepan in low heat. Stir in Flour, salt and pepper, Cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly, Cook 1 minute. Stir in milk slowly. cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly until mixture reaches a boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.

Pour white sauce into cooked veggies, Stir in 2 cups of cheddar cheese.

ENJOY!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Yum! Sounds delish! Thanks for the yummy fall meal idea! :) I will definitely be giving this one a try!

Unknown said...

I have looked at this a few times now, but i finally copied it down and plan to make it this week! thanks! I can't wait! I love new recipes, especially yummy ones!

Trent & Tara said...

I made this last night thanks for sharing. It took a lot longer than I thought but was worth it. Ryan & Katies little girl is a doll