"A final gospel truth that will contribute to our understanding of and hence the quality of our marriages relates to the degree in which we involve the Savior in our relationships as husbands and wives. As designed by our Heavenly Father, marriage consists of our first entering into a covenant relationship with Christ and then with each other. He and his teachings must be the focal point of our togetherness. As we become more like him and grow closer to him, we will naturally become more loving and grow closer to each other"

Friday, December 28, 2012

Young Women's calling

As a girl, turning 12 was a big deal in our church! It meant you got to enter young womens and be one of the cool kids! I LOVE young womens, I loved the activities and lessons, the leaders and the girls. I posted about getting to go to girls camp this year as the assistant camp director, well shortly after I was called as the Young Womens President of our ward. Never before have I felt so excited, overwhelmed, emotional, scared, terrified, nervous, and anxious. I have always wanted to serve with the youth of the church (even though I still consider myself one of them ;)) I think as a leader you are given a chance to make a lasted change. An impression and an impact. You are given the chance to teach these young girls about the gospel about the challenges they are going to face and about the faith to overcome them. 

The women that I serve are so beautiful! Truly beautiful.  The are strong and funny. Sensitive and smart. In the past few months my life has been so blessed because of them and their love for me! The leaders I am able to work with are each so different and so strong. I love them all SO much and I have never been more grateful for the timing of our Saviors plan. With this calling he has filling a gap in me that I was so desperately searching for. 

I am so proud of these girls and I look forward to working with and loving them! 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love and adore those beautiful young women. You are an amazing leader to them! :)