"A final gospel truth that will contribute to our understanding of and hence the quality of our marriages relates to the degree in which we involve the Savior in our relationships as husbands and wives. As designed by our Heavenly Father, marriage consists of our first entering into a covenant relationship with Christ and then with each other. He and his teachings must be the focal point of our togetherness. As we become more like him and grow closer to him, we will naturally become more loving and grow closer to each other"

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day!


Happy mothers day to my wonderful mom! To my beautiful and loving grandmothers, to my sweet and caring sister in law, to my kind and dear friends! Happy mothers day to ME!

My whole life I wanted nothing more than to be a mother! At times I wanted to skip over the whole husband part! As a young girl I loved to tend the neighbors, love on the new babies, and dream of the day that my life would be so blessed. I wanted a house full of kids, I wanted the chaos and love that only a child can bring. I wanted to be called Mom. I wanted to be that person that was needed by someone. I wanted to be that person that someone would come to when they were scared, sad, happy, confused. I wanted to have that trust that I felt with my own mother. I wanted to feel that love, that endless unconditional love at first sight feeling.

I have felt that and so much more! Being a mother has been my greatest blessing and challenge. I don't want to write this post to offend anyone. I know so many struggle with becoming a mother and they have longed for that just as badly as I did. To those that struggle, you truly are in my prayers I think about you. I have hope for you. But today I want to write about being a Mother.

For me, being a mother is hard. It is frustrating. It is emotional. It is my calling in life. So many questions I had about this life were answered the moment I held my babies. A peace I have never felt before. It was that day that I was so sorry for the way I acted at times to my own mother. It was that day that I knew my life would never be the same. It was the day that life exceeded any possibly dream I ever could have had for myself.

I am a mother to two beautiful babies who think that I am funny, they think I superwoman. They need me, they cry for me when they are sad or hurt. They smile at me whenever I look at them. They bring so much joy to my life. I am so thankful that I am their mother. I am so thankful our Lord and Savior has trusted me with these two amazing children. I am so thankful that I have a husband who is the best father that I ever could have dreamed of. The way he interacts with our babies exceeds every expectation I ever had. I have an amazing father. A kind, loving, sensitive, fun and giving father.. I wanted that for my children and I am so grateful that I found it.

Being a mother to me is sleepless nights.
Being a mother to me is emotional.
Being a mother to me is scary.
Being a mother to me is beautiful.
Being a mother to me is acting like a dog or a cat or a cow!
Being a mother to me is making airplane noises.
Being a mother to me is learning to overcome.
Being a mother to me is patience.
Being a mother to me is unconditional love.
.....and so much more.

To me, being a mother has made me feel like I have a purpose. I have never felt that I was good at much.. but I do feel like I am a good mother. So for me being a mother has given me confidence and made me feel like I am needed. One day they may hate me.. but today? Today they love me and need me! SO for that I am grateful! For that I say Happy mothers day to me!

1 comment:

Kylee said...

I love looking at your new posts! So fun - you've been busy and Bos and Madden are getting so big! I love it! :)
Happy Mother's Day Lindz! :) You are such an awesome mama to your cute lil kiddos - they are so lucky to have you!
Fun to see you at graduation - however we NEED to get together sometime soon again! :)
Your family pics turned out sooooo good! YOU LINDSI my dear are BEAUTIFUL!! We love you guys! :)