"A final gospel truth that will contribute to our understanding of and hence the quality of our marriages relates to the degree in which we involve the Savior in our relationships as husbands and wives. As designed by our Heavenly Father, marriage consists of our first entering into a covenant relationship with Christ and then with each other. He and his teachings must be the focal point of our togetherness. As we become more like him and grow closer to him, we will naturally become more loving and grow closer to each other"

Monday, July 26, 2010

SURPRISE!

So I told myself over and over that when the day came when I was pregnant I wasn't going to tell ANYONE until we were at least 3 months along! Well lets be honest! Some secrets are just to good to keep! 

WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!

I have so much to say I don't even know where to start!!

Some of you know that I wanted to start my family more than anything! I love kids and couldn't wait for the day that I would become a mom myself! When we first were married we really didn't want to wait long before we had kiddos, well the Lord had another plan in mind! I had become very sick from a birth control shot I had a few months before getting hitched. We had been to Dr's multiple times always leaving with no further knowledge on what the issue was. Which was ok, but I broke down .... a lot! I know 2 years is NOT a long time and there are SO many girls that I know that have to wait many more years but when its you it feels like an eternity! And I now pray for those I know that struggle because it isn't easy. 
I had started on a fertility medication and that was the ticket! It worked the first round! I swear I knew I was pregnant that week but after having another check up with the Dr. and telling how I was feeling they had said that the meds can make you experience the same things you would if you were pregnant. So I was disappointed and went on just not feeling 100%. Weeks went by and it was my sisters wedding so I knew I didn't want to take a test and take away from any excitement from her big day. So when we got home I still waited a few days because I was just so nervous!! 
When I finally took a test I didn't know what to think! I didn't know if I read it wrong or what! So I called a friend and my Dr.! Well I was totally in denial for a few hours. I thought there was no way this was actually happening! My Dr. came into the salon that evening and literally had to reassure me that this was for real and that i WAS actually pregnant! 
When I got home I had a little gift for Rob (pic below) and when he opened it he was SO confused! He thought it was for a baby shower and was wondering why I would put the pregnancy test in with it! What a nerd! It took him a bit to realize it was all for him! He is SO happy and really hoping for a little boy! (we both do! I need a little baseball player!!) 
Anyway! Thats our great news! I am not far along, only about 10 weeks and due the end of February! My little nugget is kicking my butt and wears me out already! I am still in such amazement at the whole process! 


Oh and one more thing!! And not to sound rude but I just want to say that if any of you know anyone who struggles to get pregnant PLEASE be careful the things you say to them! I know people probably don't mean to offend others but it is such a painful thing to experience and what you say really can crush someone! Just encourage them and love and pray for them! And whatever you do.... don't ever tell someone "well.. maybe the Lord just doesn't want you to be a mother." I promise it doesn't help!! 

17 comments:

Natalie said...

Congratulations again! We are so happy for you guys! :)

Joey, Jerr and Khloe said...

YAY!! Congrats thats such a cute thing with the gift to your hubby! Good luck with your pregnancy it goes by so fast!!

Sarah and Jesse said...

Lindsi-
I am so excited for you!!! You are going to be a great MOM!!! and I love your gift to Robbie that is really cute.. I also love the three tests.. I did the same thing, one or two.. is never enought.. haha. I feel you with being sick during the 1st trimester. You will be in our prayers and you will make it through it!!! Its SOOO worth it in the end!!!
P.S. I hope its a boy too.. They are the best..

ShEiLa said...

Oh my...
before I say what I wanted to say first. How could someone say... well maybe the Lord doesn't want you to be a Mother. Talk about a punch in the gut that could steal your breath. Holy cow!

Now that I am over that.

Congratulations you two!! Soon to be three. I am sure you will be wonderful parents.

ToOdLeS.

ShEiLa said...

ps. I don't think I ever said Thank you. Yvette's hair looked gorgeous on her wedding day. Thank you for helping to make her day special.

Dallas - Jaycie - Ashton - Jaxon said...

YAY! What exciting news!I wanted to wait until I was 3 months too... but we gave it up at about 10 weeks as well. You just can't hide that excitement! You are going to be a wonderful mom... what a blessing!

p.s. I vote for a boy too... they sure are fun! :)

Meka said...

Hey I think two years is a dang long time to wait!!!! It's hard to wait for anything like that! I started freaking out after only a month I swear! I am so glad you are done with that whole crappy situation. What a huge blessing!! I am soooo happy for you!!! I hope the pregnancy goes by fast for ya so you can get to the fun stuff! Oh and good idea to let people know exactly what not to say!! I hate those comments!!

Bonnie said...

So exciting :) It will seem like the LONGEST few months of your life until you're holding your little bundle and you'll think "Where did the time go?!" ENJOY EVERY MINUTE :)

Ian and Kacee said...

Congrats!!!! Thats so exciting! So happy for you guys!

Rachelle said...

Congratulations! I know how you feel about not believing the test. I threw mine away afterwards, and then kept having to ask Aaron, "We really did see two pink lines, right?"

And I'm sorry that you were told God didn't want you to be a mother. Honestly, when I hear some of the things people say, what rock did they crawl out of?

miller time all the time said...

AHHHHHH IM AM SOOO EXTREMELY EXCITED FOR YOU!!! YAY!! i always think of you and you have been in my prayers! i have just been waiting for this blog post or for this news from you guys. being pregnant isnt easy but man enjoy it, it is such a miraculous thing. it has really strengthened my testimony! you are going to be such a great mother!! and i think the timing is probably perfect for you guys!! congrats!!! love ya!

Ashley said...

Linds
i am so EXCITED for you!!! that is such wonderful news!!! congrats girl! you will be an amazing mother. i hope you have a good pregnancy, it really is so amazing when you can start to feel them move :)then when you hear their little heart beat! ah i am just so excited for you! enjoy every minute of it! LOTS OF LUCK!! love ya

Anonymous said...

Lindz...We couldn't be happier! I am gonna be a "GREAT" Aunt! Thank you so much for simply being YOU! Love you tons!

Gayle

Laura Bowles said...

congrats lindsi! so exciting!

Desi said...

Wahoooo congrats

Kurt and Kortney Tobler said...

Congratulations Lindsi!! That is soo exciting. You will be a wonderful mom! I can't wait to find out what your having. (I wanted a little boy first too and little boys really are sooo much fun!)

Jess Mangum said...

Im so happy for you guys! you are going to be such awesome parents! i was totally convinced i was having a boy at first but the doc proved me wrong and she has been so much fun! either way you will love them so much! congrats you 2!!
ps.. your background is gone.. i had to highlight your writing to read it!:)