"A final gospel truth that will contribute to our understanding of and hence the quality of our marriages relates to the degree in which we involve the Savior in our relationships as husbands and wives. As designed by our Heavenly Father, marriage consists of our first entering into a covenant relationship with Christ and then with each other. He and his teachings must be the focal point of our togetherness. As we become more like him and grow closer to him, we will naturally become more loving and grow closer to each other"

Friday, March 13, 2009

Hot Pads and one great deal!

Ok so I really hope im not the only one who is having such a great week! Since the time change my work day is just flying.. yes I do feel like its 3 am when im getting up at 6:30 but other than that I love how light it is at 7 pm! Anyway I just really hope that everyone is doing well! I think the more I talk to others and the more I watch the news, the more I am so happy and grateful for my life and for my husband and for all of our blessings. I wish I could explain how much we've been blessed! And not that I wasn't happy before don't get me wrong! But lately i've just been so chipper!
Now onto the real reason for this post!
HOTPADS!
About once a week Heather and I have a play date! We have tried cooking new things, chocolate covered strawberries and pretzels, we've made a blanket, we've been to chick flicks and Thai food! Which for those of you who haven't heard of BENJA'S... you HAVE to go there! Its amazing! Trust me! Anyway.. yesterday we made hotpads! They were so much fun and simple to make!This was the before picture! We only really needed about a 1/4 a yrd of each!
These are the colors I picked for my kitchen since it is black and red!
And a little while later.... wala! Hot pads! Aren't they so cute! I gave some to my mother in law but I can't wait to make more! Heather has made some for each holiday so hers are adorable!
Then you can just stick your hand in them and they have padding so it won't be hot!

I just thought they turned out so dang cute! Not to mention we figured each hotpad only cost about $0.50 to make! I have LOTS of left over material!!

I love getting together with Heather! We had such a fun day yesterday! It went way to fast but Im so glad I got to see her! She is moving soon and although I am SO happy for them.. im throwing a pity party for myself!


Oh and my great deal! I LOVE Krumpets! I went in the other day just to "look".. ya right! I got these beauties for $10.00!!! Normally $40.00.. GREAT DEAL! They are so cute and are going to look great with our new COUCHES!! I can't wait to get them! They should be here on Thursday! YAY... no more floral.. no offense grandma!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love my mirror! I can't wait to hang it up in our new place. Thanks so much!! I had a blast yesterday. Your hot pads turned out BEAUTIFUL. And I have to say I am wanting Orange Peel right now!